Turkish Drinks: What is What?
|Raki, typical turkish drink|
- Raki - THE national spirit of Turkey, anise-flavoured, high level of alcohol, not sweet at all, either consumed straight - called sek - or combined with some chilled water and/or ice cubes as a 4cl shot, a tek.
- Cay - Tea, which one can find literally on every corner, black, and relatively strong
- Ayran - Yet another famous turkish drink, salted yogurt, supposedly the national drink of Turkey at all.
- Kahve - The turkish version of Coffee, one should sip carefully at the end as the coffee powder stays in the cup
- Su - Water, essentially during the summer in Turkey, Maden suyu is sparkling water
- Meyve Suyu - Fruit Juice
- Süt - Milk
- Bira - Beer
- Sarap - Wine, of which Turkey has some fabulous ones. Red wine is Kirmizi sarap, white wine is beyaz sarap
And don´t forget to state "Serefe!" before you drink Raki, Sarap or Bira, the turkish word for cheers!